We are an Australian Childhood Foundation Accredited Organisation.
The YMCA of the Inner North East of Adelaide takes very seriously its legal and moral responsibilities to protect all children and young people who use its facilities, programs and services.
INEA YMCA is legally and morally responsible for ensuring that appropriate policies and practices are in place to minimise, if not eliminate, the risk of abuse of children and young people who participate in our services and programs.
All of our staff and volunteers are required to act to safeguard children and young people by:
- Adopting appropriate practices and behaviour when carrying out their duties.
- Complying with INEA YMCA Policies
- Complying with the INEA YMCA Staff Code of Conduct at all times
- Reporting any abuse, of which they become aware, that is perpetrated by staff or volunteers within INEA YMCA, or by those outside of INEA YMCA, including extended family members, neighbours, friends, peers, siblings or strangers.
We have partnered with the Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) to continually improve our child protection processes, systems and monitoring programs. This partnership will ensure our actions comply with seven key safeguarding standards:
- Commitment to safeguarding children
- Personnel roles and conduct
- Recruitment and screening
- Personnel induction and training
- Involving children and parents
- Child abuse reports and allegations
- Supporting a child-safe culture